Blog

The words “carbon monoxide poisoning” have a bad reputation, and rightfully so. Every year the accidental overexposure to carbon monoxide gas causes sickness and even death, so as a consumer you should be knowledgeable about what to do when you detect the lethal gas.
 

What is Carbon Monoxide?

 
Carbon Monoxide is an odorless, tasteless and colorless toxic gas. Scientifically, it is produced by the incomplete combustion of fossil fuels. That means that the gas is produced when gas, oil, coal and woods that are used in engines, gas fires, water heaters and solid fuel appliances. Dangerous amounts of carbon monoxide can build up when there has been inadequate installation of gas powered appliances, or when there is improper ventilation supplied to an area producing carbon monoxide.
 

How to Stay Safe from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

 
Overexposure to the gas can cause a number of terrible symptoms. They include dizziness, headaches and nausea. Some of the more severe symptoms include breathlessness, collapsing and even loss of consciousness and death. Ways to avoid overexposure are to ensure your ventilation is adequate, maintain your appliances regularly and have absolutely reliable detector alarms for carbon monoxide installed. Carbon monoxide detectors are increasingly popular in their use, because of carbon monoxide’s distinctive properties. Because it has no smell, no taste and no color it is extremely difficult to detect without the help of devices. Ensuring proper installation of your appliances, and using a detector are the first lines of defense when it comes to staying safe from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Facebook

LinkedId